Abandoned Vehicles

The Elk Grove Police Department is committed to addressing all traffic complaints in a timely and appropriate manner.

If you have a complaint about ongoing problems with speeding vehicles or other traffic violations use our Online Traffic Complaint Form or call (916) 627-3714. Please state what the problem is, the location of the problem and the time that it occurs.

Local residents and businesses can visit the Elk Grove Police Department to voice concerns regarding speeding, reckless or dangerous drivers within the area. The Traffic Bureau monitors and records comments and is alerted of notable recurring problems.

To report an abandoned vehicle, left for more than 72 hours, or an illegally parked vehicle, please fill out this form and hit submit.  A patrol officer or community service officer will be sent to check on the vehicle.  Please keep in mind, officers must respond to violent crimes or crimes in progress prior to handling these types of requests. All information required will be kept confidential.

Abandoned Vehicle
Abandoned Vehicle Report Form
Name: (Required)
City, State, Zip:
Email: (please include if possible)
Location of vehicle: (Required)
Make and color of vehicle:
License Plate: (Not required but helpful)
How long has vehicle been at location?: (Must be over 72 hrs)
Please specify type:
Please add any other information: Please be aware that incomplete information may hinder the effectiveness of the responding officer.

Security Measure