Report Crime

Citizens Online Police Reporting System

Welcome to the Elk Grove Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if the online citizen police report filing is right for you:

Upon completion of this report process you will:

  • See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted showing that your police report has been accepted .
  • Be given a police report case number.
  • Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.

Please Note:

  • All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed
  • Upon review, if further information of your case is needed, you may be contacted. If you do not respond to our request within 30 days, your report will automatically be rejected.
  • Filing a false police report is a crime.
  • Check your junk mail or spam inbox if the tracking number is not received within 15 minutes after submitting the report. You may also want to add to your trusted email list.

Using the Elk Grove Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents:

  • Animal Complaints
  • Burglary
  • Custody Order violations
  • Graffiti (separate from vandalism)
  • Harassing Phone Call
  • Hit and Run
  • Identity Theft
  • No or minor injury Vehicle Accident
  • Lost Property
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Theft from a vehicle
  • Vehicle Burglary

Can You Help Solve A Crime?

Do not use this form if the crime is occurring now. Call 9-1-1 for crimes in progress.

This form is for crimes that occurred in Elk Grove only. If the crime occurred elsewhere, please contact the law enforcement agency that covers that area. Sacramento Police Department (916) 264-5471 or Sacramento Sheriff's Department (916) 874-5115.

  • Do you know something that can help us solve a crime?
  • Did you see something that was out of place or suspicious?
  • Did someone tell you about a criminal act they committed?

You can help Elk Grove Detectives solve a crime by providing information. You may remain anonymous, but please, let us know what you know.

Submit Your Crime Tip

Special Investigations Unit: Gang, Drug Or Vice Complaints

The Elk Grove Police Department's Special Investigations Unit consists of a sergeant and five detectives. They specialize in gang, drug and vice offenses. They monitor graffiti, gang movement and track drug activity.

The Special Investigations Unit needs your help. Tips are essential to completing investigations. If you know of gang, drug or vice (like prostitution) activities, please use our online form to let us know! If you prefer you can also call our Crime Tip Line at (916) 627-3333. You may remain anonymous!

Crime Tips Via Text Messaging Through "TipSoft"

Members of the community having information regarding criminal activity can send tips via SMS text message by entering CRIMES (274637) on their cell phones, followed by Tip732 (agency identification number) and the message. Once users type in their message and press send, they will receive a confirmation text indicating that the message was received.

"Tipsoft" should not be considered a replacement for contacting the Elk Grove Police Department via telephone (916) 714-5115 (non-emergency), (916) 714-5111 / 911 (emergency) or (916) 691-0411 (anonymous tip line). Instead, "Tipsoft" should be seen as an alternative method of contacting law enforcement to provide information regarding non-urgent illegal activity, such as unsolved cases, vandalism, graffiti, theft and narcotics related issues.

You can help Elk Grove Detectives solve a crime by providing information. You may remain anonymous, but please, let us know what you know.

Online Web Mapping Applications

View recent crime locations in your neighborhoods.

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?

If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 916-478-8000.

What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?

No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Elk Grove Police Department please call the police department for that city.

What if this happened on a state Freeway?

If this took place on a state Freeway please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.

What is a known suspect?

A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.

Latest News

View All News
News default image

Fatal Single-Vehicle Collision


News default image

Arrest Made in Double Homicide


News default image

Double Homicide Investigation


News default image

Homicide Investigation Update