As we continue to deal with the issues related to the COVID-19, the Elk Grove Police Department leaders are meeting daily to discuss the impact on our day to day operations. We will continue to provide professional, timely, and essential services to our residents.
We are asking for the public to help us in implementing some practical measures that will aid us in preserving our public safety resources during this time, including:
1. We have temporarily suspended our Ride-Along Program, department tours, Volunteers in Police Services (VIPS) Program, Explorer Program, and our current Citizens' Academy class until further notice.
2. The PD Service Center will remain open to the public.
3. We encourage residents to use our online reporting when possible.
4. If calling for police services while experiencing flu-like symptoms, fever, or respiratory distress, please notify the dispatchers, so first responders can take any necessary safety precautions before their arrival.
Internally we are:
1. Following recommended CDC guidelines such as washing hands often and social distancing, so you may see officers trying to keep their distance.
2. Encouraging staff to clean their work areas and vehicles before and after their shift.
3. Officers will have the discretion to handle some complaints by phone.
EGPD remains committed to ensuring the safety of our community and staff while also being mindful of this quickly evolving health crisis.