Elk Grove Police Department Vision Statement:
Elk Grove will be a regional leader in providing a high quality of life for all generations through connected and safe neighborhoods, diverse residential and employment choices, and amenities that celebrate and build upon the community's diversity and heritage.
VIPS Mission Statement:
The mission of the Elk Grove Police Volunteers is to support the department by providing non-enforcement services that allow sworn Officers to focus on their primary mission of crime prevention and enforcement of the state and city laws.
At this time, we are recruiting exclusively for Community Ambassadors. As volunteer opportunities within the Police Department VIPS (Volunteers in Police Service) become available, the PD will recruit directly from the pool of active Community Ambassadors.
Basic Community Ambassador Volunteer Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- Citizen or legal resident of the United States
- Valid CA Driver's License / CA State ID
- Good moral character / no felony convictions
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Attend an introduction session and complete initial training session
- Commit to 4 hours / month
- Attend 4 trainings / meetings a year
For additional information / questions, please contact Police Volunteer Coordinator Molly Patterson at (916) 627-3708 firstname.lastname@example.org.