Interested in a career in law enforcement?
Apply today for Elk Grove PD’s Internship Program
This 14-week program provides interns with a unique opportunity to learn about EGPD from the inside out.
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work side-by-side with law enforcement professionals
- Be a part of a team providing cutting-edge services to Elk Grove residents
- Build relationships with interns in other departments
- Meet with EGPD leadership
- Identify an area of interest and a pathway to success in that field
Interns will work in one of the following departments
Community Resources Bureau (Traffic/POP)
Dedicated to improving traffic flow, pedestrian safety, and working to keep all drivers on Elk Grove Streets safe through enforcement, education, and engineering. The Traffic Unit contains Motorcycle Officers, Traffic Collison Detectives, and the Red Light Camera Program.
Problem Oriented Policing (POP)
Dedicated to building relationships with community members and local businesses by utilizing policing methods to help improve a resident’s quality of life and addressing local business concerns. In addition to POP officers, the POP Unit contains the Homeless Outreach Team and Youth Services Team.
Professional Standards Bureau (PSB)
Responsible for recruiting and hiring of both sworn and professional staff throughout the organization. PSB is responsible for the department’s training standards and records, along with reviewing and updating department policies. PSB oversees the department field training program, as well as the coordination of department travel and training.
Real Time Information Center (RTIC)
Focuses on providing real-time intelligence to stakeholders to enhance situational awareness as it relates to public safety. From assisting with patrol operations to project management, the center is a dynamic workplace that allows for the development of various skillsets.
Elk Grove Animal Services provides exceptional service to our community members. These interactions include human, canine, feline and much more. We are committed to ensuring a healthy pet population. We are responsible for the Elk Grove Animal Shelter, Animal Care and control and Licensing. Our intern will primarily assist in our administrative and customer care programs but will also assist with some shelter cleaning and care.
The ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about public safety
- Interested in learning about the City of Elk Grove
- Available 16-24 hours per week, Monday-Friday during normal business hours
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be 18 years of age or older